Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo Podcasts

Moderators: xillegas, Stasia

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Duolingo Podcasts

Post by SweNedGuy »

There are Duolingo Podcasts for both Spanish and French learners: https://podcast.duolingo.com

In both cases a narrator tells the story, while a Spanish or French speaker reports on the action or on how he experienced the events.
You hear a lot of English and some dreadfully slow spoken Spanish (or French).

These podcasts are suitable resources for any learners having acquired the beginner level.

For a change (and little more challenge) I have been listening to one of the podcasts for Spanish native speakers learning English. While the Spanish spoken by the narrator is definitely richer in vocabulary, pronunciation is very clear and the moderate speed allows any intermediate speaker to follow. Anyone who has finished the Spanish tree (or even started the inverse tree) should definitely give this a try.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Re: Duolingo Podcasts

Post by Upbeat 88 »

here's a dumb question would it be wise to start from the beginning ?? are start at the last one put out??

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

BrianEngst1 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:11 pm

here's a dumb question would it be wise to start from the beginning ?? are start at the last one put out??

The early ones aren't any easier nor more difficult. I would go for the topics you most like to hear about.
Below you find the link to the first episode of English for Spanish speakers. It dates 29 July 2020.

https://podcast.duolingo.com/episodio-1 ... as-es.html

Now there are 40 episodes English for Spanish speakers against 110 episodes Spanish for English speakers.

The Duolingo podcast series Spanish for English speakers dates from 7 Dec 2017 when the first episode was released.
The podcast play menu inside the episodes has been made available soon after the series started.

There are 65 stories French for English speakers.
The program English for Portuguese speakers is still in its infancy with only 14 episodes.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

GdeB

Post by GdeB »

I really enjoy the Spanish podcasts, despite the amount of English (I would prefer it to be closer to 100% Spanish) simply because the stories they choose are so interesting and I'm learning a lot about the cultures of different countries. To make them more challenging I switch the playback speed to 1.2 which is still listenable but not too easy

Return to “Practice”