Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Welcome to duome forums

The Duome Team uses this forum to announce new features, new forums or forum structure changes, developments going on, and other matters you should be aware of.

duome

Welcome to duome forums

Post by duome »

I just thought it could be a good thing.. )

4theAEsir
Great Britain

Re: Welcome to duome forums

Post by 4theAEsir »

I think it will become a brilliant thing. Thanks ;)

Learning :de::jp: Re-Learning Image

Today's mood is :?:

frzzl
Austria

Post by frzzl »

Thank you so much for making this :D

🇬🇧N🇳🇱🇫🇷B1🇨🇳🇦🇹🇮🇹A2🇺🇦A1
Moderating Dutch related subs :D

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Thank you very much for doing this. I'm proud to be part of this new Era here on Duome.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

HeyMarlana
Canada

Post by HeyMarlana »

May I post this in addition to the Duome project?

There has also been a forum in use by some Duolingo and iTalki users for over a year apart from Duo, which grew since the announcement. People are also welcome to join us there if they want:
https://lifeandlanguage.boards.net/

Note, I am the Admin, and registration is required. Fun, mature-minded people, language discussion and most things related to culture and languages. If this interests you, it will be a pleasure to see you there too!

Remember...do something nice for yourself today.

justheaven

Post by justheaven »

Thank you for making this! And I love the look and layout of it, it's clean and looks like the duolingo forums.

I hope we manage to preserve most of the important language information from the forums. I can't believe so many years of valuable lessons and input will be soon lost.

N🇧🇬 A2:es: C1:us:
"That youngster's naturalness is impressive."Duolingo

Kelikaku
Israel

Post by Kelikaku »

Thanks so very much.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks so very much.
Keep up the good work.

bs'd

memer21928

Post by memer21928 »

Thank you

mloo55

Post by mloo55 »

It looks excelent to continue with english learning. Thanks

Manex

Post by Manex »

Thanks a lot!

Native: 🇪🇸 B2: Image B1: 🇺🇸 A1: 🇫🇷: Learning: 🇯🇵 🇧🇷 🇷🇺

dlhgl
Germany

Post by dlhgl »

Thank you for creating these new forums!

And for adding Markdown support :)

Deleted User 133

Post by Deleted User 133 »

A new era in the making. Let's go!

ppelk
Finland

Post by ppelk »

Hello everyone! I need some occasional pleasurable Duolingo forum surfing & posting, and from now on I'll do it here!

Big thanks to Duome admin for making this happen. See you all around!

Native Finn, based in East Sussex, :gb:. :arrow: https://www.duolingo.com/profile/ppelk

David
Columbia

Post by David »

Muchísimas gracias por hacer esto!!
Gran trabajo
Comunidad hispanohablante presente :D

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Post by CaitNicRun »

Great effort! Did anyone put a redirect from Duo?

Image L5

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Yes, thank you so much!

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Anjelajojo

Post by Anjelajojo »

It is a fantastic idea!! : :D

QuriousSaloni
India

Post by QuriousSaloni »

Hello!

Dovili22
United States of America

Post by Dovili22 »

Wow! This forum it's very helpful. We will continue helping each other. We are going to improve our language learning. Thanks a lot. Dora

D o r a

pawndemic
Germany

Muchas gracias

Post by pawndemic »

Great idea. Thanks a lot!

native: 🇩🇪, B2 - C1: 🇬🇧 🇪🇸, A1: 🇫🇷 🇮🇹

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

Hello everyone, I also registered today. Thank you for this offer.

wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

It looks beautiful - so clean and freshly minted. Like a new start and a fresh, new world for emigrant language refugees left stateless by the hardline crackdown in the old country...a place full of hope and pristine sunlit pastures and the sweet promise of a better life [stirring orchestral music reaches crescendo....]

...hmm, ok I'm probably getting a little carried away with the metaphor there. :lol:

Great job, anyway

duo
United States of America

Post by duo »

Thank you for creating this forum! It is a very nice place, and better than the Duolingo forum in some regards.

=

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Just love the new search engine, I can go back to it from a post without having to search again. I also appreciate the listening ear and openness of the administration.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

CaitNicRun
United States of America

Post by CaitNicRun »

I'll tell you what I appreciate: not having to put in twice as many spaces/carriage returns just to keep words and sentences from running together. Thank you admin and forum software!

Image L5

jaiirapetjan
Finland

Post by jaiirapetjan »

Thank you Duome, you are brilliant!

I predicted long ago that Duo would get rid of the forums. Unfortunately I know nothing about some of the basic workings of the internet. I suspected hosting the forums had a price for Duo? It certainly was not a price as far as labour was concerned, seeing that we moderators were volunteers. Perhaps they were worried about legal issues, because they were not paying us? Certainly they were not worried about criticism. But now that you have so quickly been able to set up a replacement, it makes me wonder about the price. Either they are super stingy, or you are super wealthy. Or a bit of both. That doesn't matter. What matters is that you are wealthy in ideas and skills. Over these years you have provided Duolingo users with much needed information. And now you are stepping up to the plate with providing us a space to discuss our Duolingo experience. Thank you from the heart.

HeyMarlana
Canada

Post by HeyMarlana »

Wonderful to see you here, Jaiirapetjan! I think Duolingo considered that there were things going on with the forum that was best not to be discussed publicly. As you mentioned, it was a self-running machine with volunteer moderators.

It really is anyone's guess why it was removed. Personally, I think it was about security both for users and the site itself. Duolingo has been caught before for not having proper measures in place to protect users (notably children) -- such as a functioning block feature, and the recent hack last month was likely the last straw. Between the two, that's bad enough, and I believe they knew this.

Naturally, to say it's a money saver is not exactly wrong. I just believe it wasn't the lone reason.

Remember...do something nice for yourself today.

fedes16
Argentina

Post by fedes16 »

Hello everyone!

Great to see this being done, thanks everyone responsible :)

Are there any plans to make this a general language learning forum at some point? I imagine that the number of people finding this place (the forum, or Duome in general) will decline after the Duolingo forums close.

Nativo: :es: :argentina: Avanzado/intermedio: :uk: :us: - Image Principiante: 🇨🇳 - :portugal: 🇧🇷

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

fedes16 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:11 am

Hello everyone!

Great to see this being done, thanks everyone responsible :)

Are there any plans to make this a general language learning forum at some point? I imagine that the number of people finding this place (the forum, or Duome in general) will decline after the Duolingo forums close.

How will Duolingoers find this forum after the Duolingo forum closes?

fedes16
Argentina

Post by fedes16 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:55 am

How will Duolingoers find this forum after the Duolingo forum closes?

Well, I imagine they can find it by googling for something similar, or reading about it somewhere (like r/Duolingo, or Facebook groups for Duolingo learners, for instance). Of course they can find it though Duome, but that has the same problem, I imagine most people know about Duome from the forums.
Other than that, it would require for Duolingo itself to mention it somewhere (and I don't imagine that happening).

That's why I asked. If this forum becomes something more general, then it's got better chances go past that stage, imho.

Nativo: :es: :argentina: Avanzado/intermedio: :uk: :us: - Image Principiante: 🇨🇳 - :portugal: 🇧🇷

Return to “Announcements by Duome”