Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[ARCHIVED] Directory of Informal Duolingo Courses (and some great links)

justheaven

[ARCHIVED] Directory of Informal Duolingo Courses (and some great links)

Post by justheaven »

Original Post by: Image Osnakezz: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/19295553 | Archived original page: https://archive.ph/niRCO

Lately, I've noticed that some languages are hugely popular, but do not have Duolingo courses or lessons yet.

These languages often do have informal courses, however, so I've made a list for this. The list might be expanded every then and now. These informal courses are listed below alphabetically (letters for where there are no languages, are not included. So if there is no language starting with A, I do not put the A here). If a language gets a course when it's already in this list, I'll keep the language in this list nonetheless - but with a sidenote.

Languages that have a directory of their own, will get a link only. Those that don't, will get a complete list of lessons if nothing else is possible to make the list less chaotic.

If you are the maker of such a course, you could do me a great pleasure and favour by making a directory ;-)

Users are given their credit. When more than one person has co-worked with the course, I only add the one that posted the discussion - for the sake of keeping the list short, unless they have done so much more than the poster whilst not being credited; then they may be honoured too.

When two different users have made informal courses for the same language, and they both are useful, I treat it the same way as having no directory.
If you have sent me a link (which can be done through my activity stream or this discussion), I will add it on the list, and let you know it has been added.

Don't forget to sticky this discussion, so that you can see it in the list, or to look at new updates or other languages for useful learning.

##List:

1. Articles
2. Nouns
3. Adverbs and Adjectives
4. Conjunctions
5. Personal pronouns

Amharic by adamyoung97 - he owns this one site as well, where you can learn the language directly.

Armenian by EdwinHakobyan (new account: edhak)
Part 1
Part 2

Bulgarian by RhydianDavies
Intro 1
Intro 2
Cyrillic Alphabet 1
Cyrillic Alphabet 2
Cyrillic Alphabet 3
Cyrillic Alphabet 4
Cyrillic Alphabet 5
Pronunciation and Basics
Basics 2
Basics 3
Basics 4
Grammar: The verb 'To be'
Grammar: Nouns and Gender
Grammar: Noun Plurals
Pronunciation: Vowels
Pronunciation: Consonants
Writing your Name in Bulgarian - sadly enough, it focuses on English only.
Pronunciation: Consonants, Last Call

Galician

Galician Table of Content by FirePolyglot
Roman and Raquel's List by Roman_Huczok

Georgian by asawp
Greek by panagiotists13

Japanese

Table of content by Demon-Kiyomi
Lesson List by gogoghostship
Like a Native by Lilyanne_Matsuda

• L:
    Latin by carpelanam (extremely expansive and very well worked out, recommendable!)

Latvian by Verner5

Introduction
Basics
Vocabulary 1

Lithuanian by PinefrostLTU
Luxembourgish by PatrickOsa (indirect link to Duolingo lessons here and here)

Useful Duolingo non-course threads to look in
Idea/Suggestion place
Intermediate and Advanced language learning: Duolingo discussion link!
Official Unofficial Duolingo Discord
Ancient, Extinct and Endangered Languages Discord
---
Other, extern links:
Impressively large list of language resources
Old languages sources - including Old English, Latin, and more
German CEFR competence test from Deutsche Welle - very good, if you want to know how good you are in German, and it also gives sources for further learning after you've done the test. I myself scored a 60% regarding the A1 level-specific test, and thus I 'passed' for it, apparently.
List of websites like Duolingo.
A few other great ones are Bliu Bliu and Anki; the first one focuses on individual words, reading; texts, video and music, the latter one on flashcards.
Converter from IPA to real speech (doesn't work 100% perfectly, but it is a good approximation. Works best for English)
Grammar Monster - explains grammar and foreign concepts like cases, gender, and more. Very helpful, they have a glossary as well, and it is easy to read.

Credits to:

All users that made these courses possible!
Himawari34 for creating the old directory!

N🇧🇬 A2:es: C1:us:
"That youngster's naturalness is impressive."Duolingo

dakanga

Re: [ARCHIVED] Directory of Informal Duolingo Courses (and some great links)

Post by dakanga »

Return to “Languages not yet covered...”