Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Latest Welsh course update

AnomalousCowherd
Great Britain

Latest Welsh course update

Post by AnomalousCowherd »

Hello, new forum, and new forum friends.

I noticed that the Welsh course had an update a few days ago. I've just started going through to refresh all of my skills - I see lots of blue dots, and there are several skills which have been completely reset. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the update? I noticed that Mrs Jones is a lot more visible (I thought it was just me who she had a thing going on with, but apparently not; I'm crushed). Also, there seem to be more fruits, and we now get to enjoy bisgedi with our te.

potato4steve
United States of America

Re: Latest Welsh course update

Post by potato4steve »

More countries too. I'm finding new words all over the place and not all of them have the translation help either.

Also, I never practice the dialects section so it's been broken for a while. But since the update it's whole again. How did that happen?

LeeR

Post by LeeR »

Ofnadwy! Sentence structures have changed, modules I haven't finished are showing as legendary, some modules I have finished are showing as not started, and others I have finished are so different that 50% of practice is unknown, and worst of all there are apparently 121 words that I've learnt that are totally unknown to me.

They did an update Aug/Sept 2021 this moved the second checkpoint further away, I'd still not achieved it, now they've restructured the course content and brought the checkpoint back to where it was apparently I have.

Whilst I appreciate Duolingo may feel they've improved their Welsh product, they've actually ruined a year's worth of work on my part.

This is a mochyn of a way to learn Welsh.

I've emailed Duolingo, but won't hold my breath apparently customer service are foreign words to them.

back4morelater
Great Britain

Post by back4morelater »

LeeR wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:03 am

Ofnadwy! Sentence structures have changed, modules I haven't finished are showing as legendary, some modules I have finished are showing as not started, and others I have finished are so different that 50% of practice is unknown, and worst of all there are apparently 121 words that I've learnt that are totally unknown to me.

They did an update Aug/Sept 2021 this moved the second checkpoint further away, I'd still not achieved it, now they've restructured the course content and brought the checkpoint back to where it was apparently I have.

Whilst I appreciate Duolingo may feel they've improved their Welsh product, they've actually ruined a year's worth of work on my part.

This is a mochyn of a way to learn Welsh.

I've emailed Duolingo, but won't hold my breath apparently customer service are foreign words to them.

So did you lose all the Welsh that you learnt or does the Duolingo tree simply not reflect what you have learnt?

If it's been reorganised then looks like yet another language where they've aligned it with CEFR
https://blog.duolingo.com/how-are-duoli ... -evolving/

Just before the old forum's closed it was clear from the upset users that this had happened to the German tree. Sure it's annoying but at the end of the day I can't see it going back to the old layout unless you do something like create a classroom which might keep you from the changes for a while but not for ever.

Of course you could always look at the positives of potentially a better tree and more chance to learn!

R05i2.71828
Wales

Post by R05i2.71828 »

I haven't found the update too bad, but then I'm re-learning Welsh anyway from what I did in school a few years ago, so I am familiar with more of it. It just looks a bit messy right now with half-completed skills here and there. I found the German tree update much worse, in terms of it pushing me too far ahead of where I'd been, but I could put myself in a classroom to revert to the old tree (which isn't working for me with Welsh for some reason).

Native: 🇬🇧 Learning: :wales: 🇩🇪 Future?: 🇫🇷 🇨🇳 🇪🇸 🇷🇺 🇯🇵 🇸🇪 🇫🇮 🇺🇦

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

I am so glad you as a community are on top of this.

I just picked up today that the Welsh team made a post here : https://incubator.duolingo.com/courses/cy/en/status

Tree 4 has now gone live

Bore da, bawb.

As of 19 April 2022, Tree 4 of the Welsh course has now gone live. All our Welsh learners who were on Tree 2 have now been moved to the updated course. You will find that the order of some skills in the early part of the course now more closely matches the structure of the introductory DysguCymraeg courses. Many skills have additional vocabulary and sentences. Mwynhewch!

Return to “Welsh”