Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Music:)

Amlir
Russia

Music:)

Post by Amlir »

I remember, there were a lot of topics, on the forum, with a request for Russian music. I gave out the first thing that came to mind, from the old stuff there. Maybe someone here, will like it too.
After all, they say, that it is very easy, to learn the language, through the songs you like).

Write, if there are any requests for translation.

IceVajal
Germany

Re: Music:)

Post by IceVajal »

I found at Spotify a playlist with Russian bands of my favorite genre. It is a good way to learn.
But some of that stuff is old and I had it on tape in the 90's and even some vinyl. I love vinyl!

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:49 pm

I found at Spotify a playlist with Russian bands of my favorite genre. It is a good way to learn.
But some of that stuff is old and I had it on tape in the 90's and even some vinyl. I love vinyl!

Expensive pleasure, as far as I know).

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Depends, these days it's limited editions mainly and they aren't cheap for sure. But old stuff you might get as a bargain - if you are not take the first offer.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:04 am

Depends, these days it's limited editions mainly and they aren't cheap for sure. But old stuff you might get as a bargain - if you are not take the first offer.

And what kind of groups are we talking about?. What old records do you have?.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Mainly rock and metal. E.g. Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" from 1978. But after I lost almost everything in a fire a few years ago, I just started allover again.
Russian bands are early on vinyl to find and usually expensive. Either because it was almost impossible to get in Western Europe or these days due to postage and taxes.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:42 am

Mainly rock and metal. E.g. Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" from 1978. But after I lost almost everything in a fire a few years ago, I just started allover again.
Russian bands are early on vinyl to find and usually expensive. Either because it was almost impossible to get in Western Europe or these days due to postage and taxes.

Sorry to hear about the fire....
I know a spanish girl, who has collected a giant vinyl archive here, in Russia. Sometimes, it seems to me, that she bought them so much, that collectors feel bad because of her).

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Well, I lost about 5,000 CDs and roughly 900 vinyls. At least some stuff is now re-released as vinyl is popular again, but there are not enough companies who can produce vinyls and if artists like Adele have a new release with a vinyl edition, it means no other bands vinyls can be produced for weeks.

In the US a collector died and now about 20,000 vinyls are on sale, but only to pick up.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:06 am

Well, I lost about 5,000 CDs and roughly 900 vinyls.

O_O This is the size of a decent store. To collect so much...you are seriously fond of music, apparently).

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

Well, a lot were promo copies as I wrote for some webzines and in the 90's did a radio show at a public access channel in Hamburg.

But I also had a lot digi-pak CDs, etc. which I bought.

At the moment I have.... about 1,400 CDs and 150 vinyls.

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:32 am

Well, a lot were promo copies as I wrote for some webzines and in the 90's did a radio show at a public access channel in Hamburg.

But I also had a lot digi-pak CDs, etc. which I bought.

At the moment I have.... about 1,400 CDs and 150 vinyls.

So, the songs in this topic, are not familiar to you?.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I haven't really took a look, coz I rarely use videos. My old tablet takes too much time to load them.

Sidor
Thailand

Post by Sidor »

I do listen to lots of Russian music and I have listened to a bit of Kino and DDT. Can't say their music is my type, or maybe I only listened to too few songs. It's difficult to say what genre is my favorite since it spans from Амурские Волный, Улетай на Крыяльх Ветра to Maksim Fadeev, Aleksandr Panayotov, Melnitsa to Neuromonakh Feofan, Slot and Slaughter to Prevail. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Big part of my Russian music experience is through watching Golos on youtube. If I like any song a competitor sings then I look up the original version later.

🇹🇭 Native :us: B2-C1 :ru: A2

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

IceVajal wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:05 pm

I haven't really took a look, coz I rarely use videos. My old tablet takes too much time to load them.

There are no videos, only pictures with songs.

Sidor wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:47 am

Big part of my Russian music experience is through watching Golos on youtube. If I like any song a competitor sings then I look up the original version later.

Do you mean such an example?.

Sidor
Thailand

Post by Sidor »

@Amlir Yup. The most particular case is when I took a liking of the song Selim Alakhyarov sang here in his Golos' audition.

When I looked up for the original version, totally didn't expect to get sent to 'Soviet pop' from 1969 but it's fantastic nonetheless. Definitely interesting to see what a music video from USSR in that era was like.

🇹🇭 Native :us: B2-C1 :ru: A2

Amlir
Russia

Post by Amlir »

Sidor wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:13 pm

totally didn't expect to get sent to 'Soviet pop' from 1969 but it's fantastic nonetheless. Definitely interesting to see what a music video from USSR in that era was like.

It begins to seem to me, that because of this, I hear so many ancient expressions in the speech of foreigners). The songs of those times, either overly claim to be epic and sweeping of speech, or are taken almost from the 18-19th centuries. But for some reason, they are chosen by foreigners, when studying.

orojasp
Chile

Post by orojasp »

Some days ago youtube suggest me this video, I liked a lot, I use to listen folk music from my country and always is performed by relatively elder people, I felt a little envy of that fact but that's not the topic of the thread.

всем пока друсия!

eaglefin31
United States of America

Post by eaglefin31 »

Add Katyusha! No compilation of Russian music is complete without it!

It's one of the most popular Russian songs out there...

​Lead the sword with your body, and you will become one with it.
-Miyamoto Musashi

eaglefin31
United States of America

Post by eaglefin31 »

This version is from an anime I've watched. Incidentally, this is what got me into Russian!

​Lead the sword with your body, and you will become one with it.
-Miyamoto Musashi

Return to “Russian”