Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Can't see my daily xp

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

DavidHefer
Israel

Can't see my daily xp

Post by DavidHefer »

My application was updated and my daily xp counter has disappeared. This is really annoying. I have to take a screen picture of my total xp before practicing and to calculate the daily xp.
Is it a bug? Am I a part of a test?
What should I do?
Thanks

Last edited by DavidHefer on Tue May 31, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 114

Re: Can't see my daily xp

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Can you attach a screenshot? If so, it would be easier to find a solution.

But, I think it is probably an A/B test. Duolingo is always testing out new features and tweaks.

If it turns out to be a bug, you can report a bug here:

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... ort-a-bug-

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

In the application, on the top right of my phone screen, in the page of the lessons (skills) there is a counter of mistakes (broken hearts). Below it there should be a circular counter of daily xp. It shows 0 if you didn't practice that day. This counter disappeared. I don't see it anymore.

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

I am not the only one that don't have it.
It seems that Duolingo is actually considering to remove the daily xp counter.
I am in the first group of people that suffer from this bad idea.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

DavidHefer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:56 pm

I am not the only one that don't have it.
It seems that Duolingo is actually considering to remove the daily xp counter.
I am in the first group of people that suffer from this bad idea.

but you can still see it all in your Duome Raw Data - is this the data you were looking for?

... duolingo may end up removing themselves (by mistake of course ;-)

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

So in the future whenever you will want to see your daily xp you will enter duome.eu and press RAW and roll down to the bottom of your weekly data to see it?
Or you will take a screen picture before you practice and use a calculator to subtract your total from the total at start? Or calculate it from the xp of the league if you are in a league?
They motivate you to accumulate xp and then they want to hide your daily performance? Why? So you will earn more xp? So you will earn less xp?
Whatever their reason is, for me Duolingo will be worse.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

DavidHefer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:06 pm

So in the future whenever you will want to see your daily xp you will enter duome.eu and press RAW and roll down to the bottom of your weekly data to see it?
Or you will take a screen picture before you practice and use a calculator to subtract your total from the total at start? Or calculate it from the xp of the league if you are in a league?
They motivate you to accumulate xp and then they want to hide your daily performance? Why? So you will earn more xp? So you will earn less xp?
Whatever their reason is, for me Duolingo will be worse.

I would not "extrapolate to the future too fast....maybe it's a bug and it may come back.

For the scrolling down, I am sure duome can make it chronological reverse order, recent one on top.
Did you try "duome requests" ? usually it's fixed in "hours" ... ;-)

As for the calculator or screenshot, I don't understand ... the duome numbers are per day, and accumulated separately per language. Isn't that what you wanted?

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

BB -

1. From my experience with Duolingo, bad changes for the users eventually happen.
  2. I don't want to check my daily xp in Duome.eu if I can see it in the application.
    I have a few Duolingo accounts. I don't want to check them in Duome.
  3. Usually I don't enter the Leagues with any of my accounts except Davidhefer (I switch to Private mode before practicing, and to Public mode after practicing). So I cannot see my xp in the Leagues.
  4. Duome.eu does not add to its daily sum the xp of the lines that are called in duome
    Stories/Callanges/.. /etc
    ( Those lines in Duome do not have a flag of the language in them).
    So the daily sum of Duome is partial. It does not includes xp from stories.

Bottom line: I want Duolingo so show me my daily xp as it was till now.

I think that all the users should have this counter as part of the application (Davidhefer is a Duolingo Plus account).

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

DavidHefer wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:08 pm

I think that all the users should have this counter as part of the application (Davidhefer is a Duolingo Plus account).

Did you contact the Duolingo Support - as suggested by [mention]Jacko079[/mention] - regarding this issue? Because like [mention]Basler Biker[/mention] mentioned, it could be just an accidental bug, and not an actual feature.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

DavidHefer wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:08 pm

BB -

1. From my experience with Duolingo, bad changes for the users eventually happen.
  2. I don't want to check my daily xp in Duome.eu if I can see it in the application.
    I have a few Duolingo accounts. I don't want to check them in Duome.
  3. Usually I don't enter the Leagues with any of my accounts except Davidhefer (I switch to Private mode before practicing, and to Public mode after practicing). So I cannot see my xp in the Leagues.
  4. Duome.eu does not add to its daily sum the xp of the lines that are called in duome
    Stories/Callanges/.. /etc
    ( Those lines in Duome do not have a flag of the language in them).
    So the daily sum of Duome is partial. It does not includes xp from stories.

Well, what can I say? The description of the "Duome Troubleshooting" forums is "This is for duome related issues only. For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support." So if there is something to be said to duolingo, do contact them.

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

I wrote to the Duolingo support twice. I asked them to remove me from the test group.
I didn't get any response.

They decided to remove my daily xp counter and that's it.

Uninstalling the Duolingo application and installing it again didn't help.

So it is not a bug but a decision of someone in Duolingo.

I really don'l like it.

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

I tried to use Duolingo on my very old Android phone that has a very old version of the application. Still can't see my daily xp counter.
This means that the removal of the counter was done to me based on my username. Version update will not help.
In the lottery of who will try this bad change in Duolingo I won.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Since you are a plus member, you should have plus support. I don't have the link for that, but have you tried that route? I do not what merit such A/B test would do. They must want to see how much XP one will do when they don't have that metric.

What about trying the web version? Is that the same? On the web I have a graph with my XP.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

pasudeep
India

Post by pasudeep »

Basler Biker wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:02 am

For the scrolling down, I am sure duome can make it chronological reverse order, recent one on top.

This is a really good idea!

duome

Post by duome »

The order is reversed now.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

umm isn't this section of the forum for duome related stuff only and u should ifn't already contact duolingo support they are very helpful

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

In addition, at the end of a lesson I now see how many xp I got for the lesson (and how much time the lesson lasted). BUT my total xp is increased by a smaller number. For example, if it says that I got 25 xp, my total increases only by 22 xp. In Duome.eu the number is 22 xp.

I am not going to complain. It seems like a waste of my time.

duome

Post by duome »

We all are in the same boat..

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

I can see now my EXACT total daily xp in Duome.eu. They added an exact daily sum.

Return to “Duolingo”