Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[QANDA] Prata, tala, säga, berätta, språka

Basler Biker
Switzerland

[QANDA] Prata, tala, säga, berätta, språka

Post by Basler Biker »

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

ShinyZoroark

Re: [QANDA] Prata, tala, säga, berätta, språka

Post by ShinyZoroark »

Hello!

The title of your post contains "språka". I'm a bit curious where you got that word, because it's VERY dated. I've only heard it once in my life, and that was in a theatre show about the early 20th century.

//ShinyZoroark

Native: 🇸🇪🇷🇺 Fluent: 🇬🇧 Intermediate: 🇩🇪🇫🇷🇭🇺 Learning: 🇷🇸🇱🇹Image🇫🇮🇦🇱🇭🇷🇧🇬🇨🇿🇱🇻🇮🇸🇹🇷🇧🇦🇯🇵🇷🇴🇸🇮🇨🇳🇪🇪🇲🇪🇵🇱🇬🇷Image

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

ShinyZoroark wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:29 am

Hello!

The title of your post contains "språka". I'm a bit curious where you got that word, because it's VERY dated. I've only heard it once in my life, and that was in a theatre show about the early 20th century.

//ShinyZoroark

I couldn't find the exact source or find the reason why I included it (+). I posted this in the effort to collect material from duolingo. But I just had a look at SAG https://svenska.se/grammatik/ and in "§48. S-verb som deponens", in a list of examples, they mention "språkas vid"...

PS : (+) In Dutch it's a "normal" one in the row of 5 (and more) verbs describing "making a speaking sound with the mouth" (or so) ... Praten, spreken (een taal), zeggen, vertellen, spreken (in het algemeen)

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

ShinyZoroark

Post by ShinyZoroark »

Basler Biker wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:01 pm

PS : (+) In Dutch it's a "normal" one in the row of 5 (and more) verbs describing "making a speaking sound with the mouth" (or so) ... Praten, spreken (een taal), zeggen, vertellen, spreken (in het algemeen)

Seems like an interesting language! Maybe I should add it to my list of languages I'm learning.

Native: 🇸🇪🇷🇺 Fluent: 🇬🇧 Intermediate: 🇩🇪🇫🇷🇭🇺 Learning: 🇷🇸🇱🇹Image🇫🇮🇦🇱🇭🇷🇧🇬🇨🇿🇱🇻🇮🇸🇹🇷🇧🇦🇯🇵🇷🇴🇸🇮🇨🇳🇪🇪🇲🇪🇵🇱🇬🇷Image

Return to “FAQ Vanliga frågor”