Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Listening practice recommendations?

Moderator: SansEspoir

verdensrommet
United States of America

Listening practice recommendations?

Post by verdensrommet »

Anything that you've used and found effective/helpful

Native: 🇺🇸 ~ B1: 🇪🇸 Upper A1: 🇳🇴 Image Lower A1: 🇩🇪 Dabbling: Image 🇸🇪 🇨🇳

anamorphism

Re: Listening practice recommendations?

Post by anamorphism »

learning focused youtube channels:

can also find vlogers and children's programming strewn about. i know i watched so much peppa gris that i started to go mad.

memrise's norwegian content. it's better if you pay to get unrestricted access to the video clips, but at least all the audio there is a human speaking and you can view some of the video clips periodically for free.

can stream some tv (more if you have a vpn that hasn't been blocked yet) and a lot more radio at tv.nrk.no and radio.nrk.no. they also publish some podcasts. i think lørdagsrådet is pretty good since it's basically a dating advice show. mostly going to hear everyday speech and they bring in guests from around norway to get you more exposure to various dialects.

can find podcasts for learners and just general podcasts if you search for them.

there are a few shows on netflix with norwegian audio available outside of norway. if you set your profile's language to norwegian, you'll also get access to more norwegian subtitles and audio. hjem til jul was pretty decent and is a contemporary romantic sitcom, so everyday speech again. be slightly warned that there are characters that speak danish and swedish.

can listen to news written in simpler norwegian at https://www.klartale.no/

no. 4 and silja sol on the music side, since they're both slower indie pop stuff with clearer vocals.

audio books (lydbøker). ravneringene by siri pettersen is a pretty good fantasy trilogy aimed at young adults, if you're into that sort of thing. can generally find norwegian versions of all major international hits like harry potter.

etc... etc...

weerwater

Post by weerwater »

I think the multi-sensoric pronounciation method, online promoted by Snorre Karkkonen Svensson could be usefull for dedicated non-natives, to improve what they have learned.

http://snorreks.com/norskuttale/om-metoden/

dozugeo
Germany

Post by dozugeo »

For people who are more on the beginners' side, and not ready for actual NRK podcast speed, I can recommend the podcast Lær norsk nå, which is in slow and clearly pronounced Norwegian. You'll learn plenty of vocabulary and I found it a good place to start when I wasn't ready for actual native speakers incl. dialect yet. Also, the transcripts for the episodes are published on his blog.
Norskpodden is also useful because there are different guests with different dialects. And then you can move on to actual NRK podcasts.

German (native), speaking English and French, learning Norwegian Bokmål, also want to learn Nynorsk eventually :)

Return to “Norwegian (Bokmål)”