Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

I finished the Greek Tree!

Artemis
Norway

I finished the Greek Tree!

Post by Artemis »

Just wanted to announce that I finished the Tree, level 5 today :)

Nothing happened on Duolingo to say that I had finished, and apparently noone was told about it. Strange … But I did, and I'm happy! I have also finished a streak of 505 days, and now I will be taking a break. It's Palm Sunday (one week before the Greek this year I believe?) and in Norway many people have the whole week off and go on holiday – my birthday is this week and I will be going to my family's small cabin in the mountains to celebrate, so it's quite fitting to wrap it up today.

I have learned a lot of Greek, especially thanks to the sentence discussions and the Greek forum! I miss it and I hope more users will be coming on here. I'm glad that we have our moderators here, you have really been outstanding in your wish to help us learn, and genuinely caring about us Greek learners. That is Greek hospitality for sure! Thank you so much, O.Zoe and Jaye16! (Would page you both, but don't know how that's done.)

Now I will focus on other sources of learning Greek for a while, including helpful links from you all, and the resources you have so diligently worked to transfer to this forum. Thank you so much for that.

I need to sort out some grammar because I have become a bit confused about the verbs, haha :lol:

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Native Norwegian, comfortable in English (C1), learning Greek (A2-B1), know some German and a little Spanish

IceVajal
Germany

Re: I finished the Greek Tree!

Post by IceVajal »

Congratulations on finishing the Greek tree!
🥳🎉🥳

Have a good time in the mountains!

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Artemis
Norway

Post by Artemis »

IceVajal wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:34 pm

Congratulations on finishing the Greek tree!
🥳🎉🥳

Have a good time in the mountains!

Thank you so much, IceVajal!

Native Norwegian, comfortable in English (C1), learning Greek (A2-B1), know some German and a little Spanish

O.Zoe
Greece

Post by O.Zoe »

✧・゚: ✧・゚: Συγχαρητήρια! :・゚✧:・゚✧

How do you feel now about your knowledge of Greek? Do you feel confident making your own sentences or keeping up with a simple conversation?

You can put in practice here whatever you've learnt. We can create threads in order to practice Greek, more games or just random topics to discuss. I'm feeling very optimistic about this new forum!

Artemis wrote:

my birthday is this week and I will be going to my family's small cabin in the mountains to celebrate,

That sounds so Scandinavian! ❤ Ελπίζω να περάσεις πολύ καλά!

🇬🇷 N :gb: C1 :de: B1 :it: A1

Artemis
Norway

Post by Artemis »

O.Zoe wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:52 pm

✧・゚: ✧・゚: Συγχαρητήρια! :・゚✧:・゚✧

How do you feel now about your knowledge of Greek? Do you feel confident making your own sentences or keeping up with a simple conversation?

You can put in practice here whatever you've learnt. We can create threads in order to practice Greek, more games or just random topics to discuss. I'm feeling very optimistic about this new forum!

Artemis wrote:

my birthday is this week and I will be going to my family's small cabin in the mountains to celebrate,

That sounds so Scandinavian! ❤ Ελπίζω να περάσεις πολύ καλά!

Ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ, Ζωή!

Well – I don't have anyone to talk with yet, but hopefully I will in the not too distant future. But I think that simple everyday language would be within my grasp. It's also a matter of getting over the nervousness … I do sometimes talk with myself in Greek, I should do that more I think!

I agree with you about the forum here, and I love that you want to keep helping us practice! I'll be around for sure :)

Yes, it's very Scandinavian, though mostly Norwegian, I think. Denmark is quite flat and Danish people come here to ski :lol: Sweden has a lot of lakes while Norway is very mountainous. Like Greece, we have the mountains and the sea :)

The cabin is small, so it will be very cramped :lol: but since it's my birthday (a really big one too 8-) ) I wanted to go anyway. I'm looking forward to it!

Phil682961

Post by Phil682961 »

Μεγάλα συγχαρητήρια και χρόνια πολλά!!

Artemis
Norway

Post by Artemis »

Phil682961 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:03 pm

Μεγάλα συγχαρητήρια και χρόνια πολλά!!

Ευχαριστώ πολύ, Phil! Χαίρομαι πολύ που είσαι και εσύ εδώ!

η γατα
Great Britain

Post by η γατα »

Artemis wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:20 pm

Just wanted to announce that I finished the Tree, level 5 today :)

I need to sort out some grammar because I have become a bit confused about the verbs, haha :lol:

Hurrah - well done! (Also - great username :D )

Native English speaker, learning Spanish & Greek

pawndemic
Germany

Post by pawndemic »

Congratulation, well done.

native: 🇩🇪, B2 - C1: 🇬🇧 🇪🇸, A1: 🇫🇷 🇮🇹

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Congratulations!🎈

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
msb1
Australia

Post by msb1 »

If you want to reinforce what you learned and see it from a different angle,
you could change your profile to say you are a Greek speaker who wants to
learn English. All the instructions will be in Greek and you will find the course
gives you a great deal of practice translating English sentences into Greek
whereas the course you just finished gave a lot of practice in translating
Greek to English.

Τζιλιαν
Greece

Post by Τζιλιαν »

Well done on finishing the tree. I finished it this week too, and I am now feeling a bit lost. The discussions helped me get through the lessons such a lot and I wish there was still a way of searching for specific words.
I'm still trying to get used to Duome - I hope it has more to reveal to me.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

In order to mention people type @ and then their name, you should get an automatic drop down menu which you can select their name from, this automates the mention feature!

Congratulations on finishing the Greek tree! Here is your profile on Doume

Here is an owl for you!

🎈🎈🎈

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Thu May 12, 2022 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Stergi3

Post by Stergi3 »

Congratulations!

This success should be announced in a Duolingo forum, but it doesn't exist anymore. Unfortunately the intercommunication with the members of the community has be degraded to Duome forum which is planned for a different purpose.

Anyway the good work just started. You have to learn so many about this important for the humanity language, not because I am a Greek speaking but it's one of oldest speaking written languages along with Chinese and Hindi.

Return to “Greek”