Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Japanese Banknotes (2024)

Moderator: Explorer

Explorer
Portugal

Japanese Banknotes (2024)

Post by Explorer »

Japanese banknotes will be getting a redesign in 2024.

The new 10,000 yen note will feature famed industrialist Eiichi Shibusawa. He established more than 500 businesses and developed some of the most important financial institutions in Japan. Among them were Japan's first bank and the predecessor of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

The reverse side of the note will feature the Tokyo train station building.

The 5,000 yen note will feature Umeko Tsuda, a pioneer in Japanese women's education. She became one of the first Japanese women to study in the United States at 6 years old. When she came back to Japan she founded the Tsuda University in Tokyo.

The reverse side will have wisteria flowers.

The 1,000 yen note will feature bacteriologist Shibasaburo Kitasato. He made countless contributions to modern medicine, especially in the field of infectious disease prevention.

The reverse side represents "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" by ukiyoe master Katsushika Hokusai.

The notes will also incorporate new 3D holograms and other anti-forgery technology. The images will look like they're moving as the angle changes. It's believed this is the first time this technology is being incorporated in banknotes anywhere in the world.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Madame Sensei
Japan

Re: Japanese Banknotes (2024)

Post by Madame Sensei »

With my master's degree in Japanese Literature (because I am a nerd and love to read), I have to admit that I will miss all the authors that have traditionally been on the money. But I do appreciate all the scientists and educators, and you gotta admit that the new designs sure are pretty.

Return to “Culture & Society”