Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Tree 5!

Moderator: SansEspoir

ross.h
Norway

Tree 5!

Post by ross.h »

Last we heard from our sources on the inside, the new Norsk tree should start slowly rolling out this fiscal quarter. That means that some users should start seeing the effects of the update in their own tree in the not-too-distant future. Has anyone seen any changes on their end?

ChiChi

Re: Tree 5!

Post by ChiChi »

Wait, they're adding more to the Norwegian tree?

Native in: 🇺🇸 🇨🇳 | Learning: 🇳🇴

ross.h
Norway

Post by ross.h »

Yep! The new tree should start being rolled out this "quarter," sometime between April and June. There's probably going to be a lot of A/B testing etc., so it might not appear to all users at the same time, which is why I'm curious if anyone has seen their tree change at all yet.

IIRC, the new tree should have nearly 5000 lexical items, compared to the 3500ish it has has now, and will be rearranged a bit to bring it closer in structure to the German tree, which was itself designed with CEFR guidelines in mind.

Thijmen98
Netherlands

Post by Thijmen98 »

That's good news! Though I hope the rearranging won't have too much effect on the first half of the tree. I'm still far from finishing the entire course so I hope I won't have to redo too many skills. Every new word learnt is worth it though :)

Native 🇳🇱 / Speaking 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 / Learning 🇦🇷 🇳🇴 🇮🇹

ChiChi

Post by ChiChi »

ross.h wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:17 pm

Yep! The new tree should start being rolled out this "quarter," sometime between April and June. There's probably going to be a lot of A/B testing etc., so it might not appear to all users at the same time, which is why I'm curious if anyone has seen their tree change at all yet.

IIRC, the new tree should have nearly 5000 lexical items, compared to the 3500ish it has has now, and will be rearranged a bit to bring it closer in structure to the German tree, which was itself designed with CEFR guidelines in mind.

That's amazing! Are they going to completely overhaul the tree, or is it just going to be additions? Is there any blog post or announcement I can read about it?

Native in: 🇺🇸 🇨🇳 | Learning: 🇳🇴

weerwater

Post by weerwater »

As with many changes on DL, it's not something the students have been 'demanding'.

My impression of what the real requirements are, is that the courses have to remain equally available to both spending and non-spending customers first.
All other considerations (eg students demand for discussions, stories and podcasts) can follow.

And of course, if you do not want to use your spare time reading Bokmål literature or testing your knowledge of it on internetfora, yes, more vocabulary remains welcome. Every extra second spent on the platform will be precious to DL.

Return to “Norwegian (Bokmål)”