Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Resources for learning Quechua / Recursos para aprender Quechua

verdensrommet
United States of America

Resources for learning Quechua / Recursos para aprender Quechua

Post by verdensrommet »

Any resources that you used to learn the Quechua language?

Qué recursos usaste para aprender la idioma de Quechua? (Lo siento por errores en este texto, español no es mi primer idioma)

Native: 🇺🇸 ~ B1: 🇪🇸 Upper A1: 🇳🇴 Image Lower A1: 🇩🇪 Dabbling: Image 🇸🇪 🇨🇳

Stasia
Poland

Re: Resources for learning Quechua / Recursos para aprender Quechua

Post by Stasia »

verdensrommet wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:16 am

Any resources that you used to learn the Quechua language?

Qué recursos usaste para aprender la idioma de Quechua? (Lo siento por errores en este texto, español no es mi primer idioma)

Allillianchu!

You can click on the links in this post:
viewtopic.php?t=2950-wakin-imakuna-runasimita-yachaypaq

The attached verb conjugation is in Spanish, but the two links are multilingual (and they are actually two of the three resources I used when I first started learning Quechua - the third one sadly doesn't exist anymore).

Also, this is a good book to learn Quechua:
Howard, Rosaleen. 2013. Qawsay Vida: A Multimedia Quechua Course for Beginners and Beyond. University of Texas Press, Austin.

There might be a newer edition of this book, I don't know. There's a DVD included with audio/video to listen to native speakers. It's Quechua IIC (see this post), but a very southern version of it (from Bolivia, which is understandable in Cuzco, but there are a few minor differences).

If you are really serious about it, there are a few universities in the US that offer Quechua classes, for example University of Michigan:
https://ii.umich.edu/lacs/students/lang ... echua.html
I think you can take the classes remotely even if you are not a student there and live somewhere else, but I'm guessing it ain't cheap. Or you can participate in their summer course in Cuzco, where prices are even more exuberant. 8-)

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Return to “Runasimita rimani”