Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Series and movies in nord-norwegian dialects

Moderator: SansEspoir

Testosteronnie
Netherlands

Series and movies in nord-norwegian dialects

Post by Testosteronnie »

I will be going to Northern Norway so I am trying to familiarize myself with the local dialect. I already managed to find quite a lot of songs in north-norwegian but sadly not many series or movies except "Kurt Josef Wagle og legenden om Fjordheksa". Has anyone some more recommendations?

liv
Norway

Re: Series and movies in nord-norwegian dialects

Post by liv »

Around where will you be going. There is quite a bit of variation. You can also try to listen to the different Distrikt Nyheter from NRK

Testosteronnie
Netherlands

Post by Testosteronnie »

I will be going to Tromsø. I indeed also watched the nordnytt, but got a bit tired of just watching the news all the time

ChiChi

Post by ChiChi »

Yes, I recommend you watch "Occupied." It's this Norwegian TV show about going green and Russian occupation... :) I won't spoil it. Try one episode first. You won't regret.

Native in: 🇺🇸 🇨🇳 | Learning: 🇳🇴

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

I liked the Norwegian series "beforeigners". Because of it I even considered learning Norwegian. I like the sound of the old Norwegian.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

ChiChi wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:58 am

Yes, I recommend you watch "Occupied." It's this Norwegian TV show about going green and Russian occupation

I just read up what "occupied" is all about.
It sounds almost a bit too real to me at the moment.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

ChiChi

Post by ChiChi »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:28 am

I liked the Norwegian series "beforeigners". Because of it I even considered learning Norwegian. I like the sound of the old Norwegian.

Oh, sounds like a great show! I'll go check it out. Tusen takk.

ChiChi

Post by ChiChi »

Oh, have you heard of the Norwegian-American folk song called Oleanna? It's very... soothing? Nostalgic? You should listen to it.

liv
Norway

Post by liv »

Tromsø has local radio stations.... find those... listen to those locals....

weerwater

Post by weerwater »

In addition to the suggestions Liv mentioned, there are documentaries available on NRK that can be viewed all over the world too.

A couple of titles that picture the life of remarkable people in certain regions of the country: "Et år i Lofoten" and "Der ingen skulle tru at nokon kunne bu" .

Et år i Lofoten, "Røst"

Der ingen skulle tru at nokon kunne bu, "Vorterøy"

are episodes with two examples of people speaking local, northern dialects, although not specific to Tromsø.

Return to “Norwegian (Bokmål)”