Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How to - Understand Main/Sub-forum links

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

How to - Understand Main/Sub-forum links

Post by Basler Biker »

Taking Spanish "Hablo espagñol" as an example
This is a screenshot from the main duome forum page.

Notice the direct links to the individual subforums.

All these links are simple URL-based links. They are UNDERLINED (this may depend on your browser theme) and appear UNDER the Forum Title, and ABOVE the moderator names. Notice that some links are shown in "bold". This is just a browser behaviour/feature ... unvisited links are bolder than links visited already at least once. This display is further irrelevant for duome.eu, i.e. it's NOT an indicator of "new" or "unread" posts/topics.

Taking "I speak English ... learning Swedish" as an example
This is a screenshot of a subforum under "I speak English".

Note the three direct links to "New posts", "Unread posts", "My own posts".

Next we have a list of subforums - These are duome "generated" links. They appear UNDER the moderator names. They are not underlined (this may depend on your browser theme)

For duome "generated" links, the blue/red symbols for each subforum. RED means there is a "new post/topic" in that subforum. This is different than for "manual" links which we have on the main forum page.

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Corinnebelle

Re: How to - Understand Main/Sub-forum links

Post by Corinnebelle »

Do you have to be subscribed to the forum to get "new posts" "unread posts" and "my own posts" links?

What is a Duome generated link as opposed to a non Duome generated forum link displaying on the Duome?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: How to - Understand Main/Sub-forum links

Post by Basler Biker »

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:01 pm

Do you have to be subscribed to the forum to get "new posts" "unread posts" and "my own posts" links?

What is a Duome generated link as opposed to a non Duome generated forum link displaying on the Duome?

It's the forum moderator who creates these three extra links under the Forum Title.
The links are visible to anyone, also those without subscription to the forum.
A subscription only causes you to be notified. It does not itself make things more visible, nor hides other things.

The Duome generated link just appears from itself, when a forum moderator creates a sub-forum for the main forum.

The non-Duome generated links, are manually created links. Because these are manually created, we can add options to the "URL" which are not by default in the Duome created links.

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”