Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How to - NEW POSTS only for SELECTED forums

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

How to - NEW POSTS only for SELECTED forums

Post by Basler Biker »

This is the way to search for NEW POSTS
and get results only for the forums you are interested in ;-)

You need to make a "favorite" in your browser
.... with the following URL, which consists of

1. A fixed part : search.php?search_id=newposts
  2. a list of selected forum ID's (here 2 are selected: "Ich spreche Deutsch" and "Jeg snakker norsk (Bokmål)"
    &fid[]=60
    &fid[]=188
  3. the search subforums option set to 1
    &sc=1

How to make the list of your selected forum ID's.

1. start an advanced search
  2. from the forums list, select the forums you want
    ==> you need to select only the top forums, one by one
    ==> CTRL-click to add more forums to the selection
  3. execute the search
  4. locate the "fid%58%5D....fid%58%5D....fid%58%5D....&fid%58%5D..." part

NOTE that %5B is the [ character, and %5D is the ] character
So the forum ID list can also be manually typed as " &fid[]=60&fid[]=188 "

Example: the forum ID of "I speak English...learning Swedish" is 22
I want to search all new posts in tha forum and in the subforums
==> the URL is https://forum.duome.eu/search.php?search_id=newposts&fid[]=22&sc=1

Example: the forum ID of the Duome Forum Group = 1
So, to list all unread posts under this group
==> the URL is https://forum.duome.eu/search.php?search_id=unreadposts&fid[]=1|sc=1

Other Options

1. not searching the subforums => &sc=0
  2. searching all your own posts => search_id=egosearch
  3. search result is displayed as a list of topics => &sr=topics
  4. search result is displayed as a list of posts => &sr=posts
    and more ...explore the URL for extra parameters after making your own customized Advanced Search ;-)

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Cifi

Re: How to - NEW POSTS only for SELECTED forums

Post by Cifi »

It seems to work, thank you, Basler Biker! For now, it is not so much of an issue as there aren't too many new posts altogether, but imaging the forums being more and more frequented (which I hope), it will be really valuable to be able to do some kind of filtering.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: How to - NEW POSTS only for SELECTED forums

Post by Basler Biker »

Cifi wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:11 am

It seems to work, thank you, Basler Biker! For now, it is not so much of an issue as there aren't too many new posts altogether, but imaging the forums being more and more frequented (which I hope), it will be really valuable to be able to do some kind of filtering.

your URL with the selected forums is a first filter. No other forum/subforum will be in the result list.
But then have a look at the "I speak Spanish"/"hablo espagnol" main forum. I added a "New posts" direct link to only news under that forum incl subforums. Next you have a topic list returned, and for each topic you have the "bold" "there s news" indicator. So from there you can explore them one by one ;-)

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”