Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Adventure and Radio lessons

Moderators: MoniqueMaRie, dakanga

Saperlipopette!

Adventure and Radio lessons

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Adventure & Radio lessons

I've noticed they've now added Radio (see Ex A) to the lessons in Unit 2 and Unit 3 of the French course to go with the Adventure lessons (see Ex B).

Radio is a one-sided conversation narrated by a different character. They require you to answer a few questions. Thirty XP. 15 XP for review.

Adventure is kind of confusing. In the example I got, I had to take the character to Junior, who told her to clean the card. Then I had to take her to the bear who wanted to sell her fish. He told her to grab the bucket of water to clean the card. I didn't see the wabbit, who would've kicked the bucket:

I had to take the bucket to a MetroCard machine, wash the card, and buy a ticket to center-ville to go to a museum. Somehow, we got there. Thirty XP. Fifteen XP to do it again.

Look for the eye cover and ear cover logos in the path for these lessons. I think the idea behind these lessons are to generate enthusiasm for the course.

The song in the Fudd link was popular in the thirties and got a new life in the 1950s thanks to the performance by George Clooney's aunt:

Ex A. Radio

Ex B. Adventure

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Re: Adventure and Radio lessons

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

I also do see several Adventures icons in the second and third A1 section on the web portal, nice.

Web is missing the radio icons on my account.

You're probably using a newer mobile app version?
iOS or Android?

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Radio is not on the web for now. But I expect that to change, as Adventure was not on the web at first, but now is. Also there are different stories on the web vs app.

Browser: Duck Duck Go
Device: OnePlus Nord N200 5G
App 5.165.2

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Issue with newer Android app versions is:

• the missing Lightning round

• and the very broken BACK button footer (on the Android OS Home screen) when I tested a newer one Jan/Feb 2024:
    There is no comeback, it freezes, you can't resume/finish so you have to restart the app and you'll lose the learning/practice session

My old V5.73.2 app does not have these Radio lessons in section #2.
I don't even have the new filtered CEFR sections ;)

Maybe one day... who knows.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

On my new French B2 course the Web portal got removed again these adventure levels - like Stories - which definitely were there before on the A1 section units.

Maybe they have switched back A/B groups or they found new bugs with the last rolled out server code?!?

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:59 pm

Finally,

section #8 (B2) got added.

Both for EN->FR (272 total units)

and

the other DE->EN course

(was much shorter before - went only up to B1 section 5 or 6, has now 293 total units).

www.duolingodata.com

So these A/B tests got rolled out as the new stable classroom version on my teacher account.

Return to “French”