Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Increase the font size for better reading

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

g-heike
Germany

Increase the font size for better reading

Post by g-heike »

The BB code for increasing the font size is

Code: Select all

[size=number]...[/size]

. Since the information here is understood relatively, the number 100 is for the current setting and 120 would be an enlargement by 20%.

Typeface with 25% enlargement would then be

[size=125]Example text with 25% enlargement [/size]

Example text with 25% enlargement

You can add this size to your entire text by placing the tag

[size=125]

at the beginning of your text and the tag

[/size]

at the very end.

eI000yo

Re: Increase the font size for better reading

Post by eI000yo »

Hi [mention]g-heike[/mention]!
Hi everyone!

If you need to change the font size, you have two options, Would you prefer the font to be larger? and Would you prefer a different font size for mobile devices? in the settings. Go to
User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit global settings or directly at ucp.php?i=179
And of course, you can change your browser settings.

What you show is how to change a part of the text of your messages. You can see a more detailed explanation about this and other codes at viewtopic.php?t=2121#header-14

g-heike
Germany

Post by g-heike »

Ah, thank you, I think I was blind at that time, because I searched for it as I regeistered here and couldn't find it. Okay, that is a better way for me to read now.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

eI000yo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:56 pm

If you need to change the font size, you have two options, Would you prefer the font to be larger? and Would you prefer a different font size for mobile devices? in the settings. Go to
User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit global settings or directly at ucp.php?i=179

It stopped working for me. I have it set to 130% but the font looks small again and changing this setting doesn't have any effect.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Artemis
Norway

Post by Artemis »

EranBarLev wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:30 pm
eI000yo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:56 pm

It stopped working for me. I have it set to 130% but the font looks small again and changing this setting doesn't have any effect.

Same here. It does affect the fonts in the headlines and some other places, but not in the posts themselves.

Native Norwegian, comfortable in English (C1), learning Greek (A2-B1), know some German and a little Spanish

justheaven

Post by justheaven »

Or you can try CTRL + to zoom in the page with 10%. I'm using it currently and it looks great on desktop. I haven't changed any UCP settings.

N🇧🇬 A2:es: C1:us:
"That youngster's naturalness is impressive."Duolingo

luo-ning

Post by luo-ning »

Artemis wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm

It does affect the fonts in the headlines and some other places, but not in the posts themselves.

I think this is due to various custom styles that use px instead of em as units for font-size:

div[dir="RTL"] { padding-right: 0px; font-size: 16px; }
/* ... */
body { tab-size: 4; font-size: 11px; }
/* ... */
.postbody { font-size: 11px; }

The largefont extension works by modifying the percentage of font-size close to the root, which will propagate down the tree as long as relative units such as em (or ch, ex, %) are used, but will stop as soon as it hits an element using absolute units like px (or pt, vh, vw).

Setting a px value on body is OK, as largefont takes effect at the next level down; however, setting it on other elements will mess things up.

I'm also not sure why div[dir="RTL"] has a font-size set at all — font sizes should be independent of text directionality.

Paging [mention]duome[/mention]?

(Unrelated but I gotta say, other than the bugs, the new custom styles are looking gorgeous! 🤩)

🦀 Pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo 🏴‍☠️ Flags Are Not Languages

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

justheaven wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Or you can try CTRL + to zoom in the page with 10%. I'm using it currently and it looks great on desktop. I haven't changed any UCP settings.

or (even better) CTRL and scroll mouse wheel 😂

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

justheaven wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:22 pm

That's what I did, too. 120% is the perfect size for my screen.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

duome

Post by duome »

Ctrl+F5 to make UCP settings work, please.. )

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”