Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

'Extend your streak'

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

L-profile
Russia

'Extend your streak'

Post by L-profile »

Hello. A couple of days ago it happened for the first time. I opened Duo to do my first lesson in the morning. I was puzzled. Why did Duo tell me to 'extend your streak'? I completed all the quests the day before! It's, you know, confusing. I started to wonder if somehow I was wrong, maybe I just thought I wanted to complete all the quests but didn't? O.o No, I remembered that I did a number of lessons, there's no way I missed a day! Duo, please don't freak me out. Okay. After a couple of days, it happened again! Today I can confidently say that Duo is acting Weird. He's offering to extend the streak again, even though I completed several lessons yesterday! What's going on, please?

Image Image Image Image Image :tonga:

L-profile
Russia

Re: 'Extend your streak'

Post by L-profile »

NB. Today's Duo:

Daily Quests

Extend your streak
1 / 1
Earn 15 Combo Bonus XP
15 / 15
Spend 20 minutes learning
20 / 20

Just in case, O.o ...

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

@L-profile nobody knows what the green owl is actually thinking, but I'm going to assume that it is not telling you that you missed a day, but rather it is giving you an incentive to maintain your streak with a reward. Also, it s an incentive to do other daily quests - since you completed one, you might as well try to achieve the other two, listed in your second post. :D

The owl is really good at the Pavlov's dogs thing... :roll:

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: Image, :ukraine:

L-profile
Russia

Post by L-profile »

@Stasia The quest to 'extend the streak', from my experience, always meant a missed day. If you do all the quests of the day, the next day you need to 'earn 50 xp'. If you earn less than 50 xp, the next day's quest will be different, you will need to 'earn 30 xp'. If you don't do any of the lessons, the next day's quest will be 'extend the streak' instead of 'earn xp'. No dogs, just logic.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

I get this message almost every day now, even though my streak is continuous. It's probably just a reminder to keep the streak going.

I was also irritated at first and wondered whether there was a mistake. Now I try to ignore it.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

This isn't the same thing but it's related. Today I was given an opportunity to choose five from a list of followers and followees to Start a Friend Streak. I opted out because whenever Duolingo introduces something new it never works right.

I suppose we are probably getting this stuff because we're coming up on the 50th anniversary of the summer of 1974 when streaking was big. There was even a song:

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten and done this.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:31 am

This isn't the same thing but it's related. Today I was given an opportunity to choose five from a list of followers and followees to Start a Friend Streak. I opted out because whenever Duolingo introduces something new it never works right.

I have also just been offered it and didn't accept it (yet?)

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Return to “Duolingo”