Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Deleted Duolingo stories

Moderator: Explorer

Æglil
France

Deleted Duolingo stories

Post by Æglil »

Olá amigos,

Duolingo has just deleted its stories in Portuguese :( to replace them by silly ones featuring its favorite characters (the mullet jerk & his son, the sumotori nan :roll: etc...) which really pisses me off since the old stories were cooler and used a more varied vocabulary.
Has anybody saved these stories? If so, do you know the webpage where I can find them?

Obrigado antecipadamente,

Explorer
Portugal

Re: Deleted Duolingo stories

Post by Explorer »

You may find some useful information about stories in the practice section of this Forum. [mention]dakanga[/mention] and [mention]EranBarLev[/mention] did a really good job compiling a lot of old stories in Portuguese, although I'm not sure if they could save those that were recently deleted. Maybe they know more about this.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Æglil
France

Post by Æglil »

Thank you :) it's exactly what I was looking for.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Explorer wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:10 am

@dakanga and @EranBarLev did a really good job compiling a lot of old stories in Portuguese, although I'm not sure if they could save those that were recently deleted. Maybe they know more about this.

The [LTS INDEX] Extra Portuguese Stories Index should have all the stories that were purged yesterday. If there's anything missing please let me know. I still have to update my Links to removed Portuguese stories post to reflect the this final purge. I'll try to do it during the weekend.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Æglil
France

Post by Æglil »

Thank you EranBarLev

Æglil
France

Post by Æglil »

Impressive job! :o

Endverbraucher
Germany

Post by Endverbraucher »

EranBarLev,

I cannot thank you enough for doing this job.

Your work actually helps me reinforcing my Portuguese vocabulary, since all the removed stories contain a lot of words which can't be found in the exercises.
And the syntax of Duo's links is not consistent, e.g. a-maquina-da-beleza vs pt-a-maquina-da-beleza. Without your work, I would have wasted a lot of extra time.

Além disso, err, I mean additionally, the stories use some more advanced grammar such as the personal infinitive.

THANK YOU. <3

"Über alles wächst Gras."

Return to “Resources”