Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Telegram app Topic is solved

Steve579062

Telegram app

Post by Steve579062 »

Has anyone used the Telegram app for contacting other users or friends abroad. There are various channels. Some are for news like the New York Times. Others are for tourism like Visit Ukraine. There are also channels for language learning.
I have just seen two short story books for learning French ( I downloaded these in .pdf format and will buy later if I feel they are worth having. I prefer a book I can hold )

Other channels include Learn Russian, Learn Italian, and Toki Poni. I have seen Michel Thomas languages in several language. Ideal if any one wants to try before buying.

I have not searched for other resources but contact is smooth and hassle free.
If your worried about spam. Sign up with an email address from Mail.com. Never give anyone an address that you need to keep.

If anyone wants to know if a language is available without going to the bother of installing the app, let me know.

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

uralicnomad
Hungary

Re: Telegram app

Post by uralicnomad »

Telegram is my main source of conversation with friends around the world, I've stayed away from joining public groups as the cache balloons out very quickly, even with two or three chats. So be sure to clean it regularly.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I use "Parusski School", but already had Telegram installed. It's just an additional source for me as it's not about communication. They have small quizzes and you can go through all previously posted ones.

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

IceVajal wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:45 pm

I use "Parusski School". They have small quizzes and you can go through all previously posted ones.

Well worth checking out. Thank you.

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

uralicnomad wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:26 pm

I've stayed away from joining public groups as the cache balloons out very quickly, even with two or three chats. So be sure to clean it regularly.

Yes I noticed that early on. Regular cleaning is needed on both my machines and is a good tip to pass on.

Return to “Discussions”