Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Updating the app: New path, Streak Society, and more! Topic is solved

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

AlexanderN844702
Canada

Updating the app: New path, Streak Society, and more!

Post by AlexanderN844702 »

Today I updated the app, and it went from a tree to a path in an instant.
Here are some changes from the web to the app.

First off, there are some new updates, such as the daily quests, and something where you click on the characters to do a certain exercise. It only costs 100 gems per lesson!
I can't see the XP amount I have per day now, I don't know where that went.
The shop moved to the gems. Click on it and you will be there.
Streak society gave me new stuff (600+ streak)
First off, I got 3 streak freezes because duolingo wants you to keep your streak. So now I have 5 streak freezes, and you get 1 streak freeze every 33ish days, or 100 days per 3 streak freezes. I'm also able to change the app icon to a fiery duo, even though I don't have Plus (Or Super, whatever it's called now)
Also, the 7 day wager is gone... replaced with a 30 day wager, which gives you 200 gems. Click on the streak symbol to claim Streak Society rewards, and do a 30 day wager.
I don't know about the new tier system, so I'll leave the streak society at that.

Also, the path gives you this on the app.
Instead of leveling up an entire unit to legendary, you have to upgrade them one at a time to earn your trophy. They feel easier than before, and they also give you 8̶0̶ 40xp for every completed legendary lesson.

Anyway, that's all I have for now, bye!

Last edited by AlexanderN844702 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • AlexanderN844702 (currently hosting the 2023 Duolympics)
Saperlipopette!

Re: Updating the app: New path, Streak Society, and more!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

The daily goals are usually Daily XP Goal, a sharpshooter target (do 1, 2, or 3 perfect lessons), and a 'find this character x number of times.' See Exhibit A. For me x is usually seven.

You didn't mention the Friends Quest, so I guess you already had it ? My Friend Quest is fifty lessons at 90% and I have to do it this week with a Rubik's cube. See Exhibit B. The hardest friends quest I got was sixty perfect lessons but the other friend was Helen so we killed it.

Welcome to the snake...

Exhibit A

![](

Exhibit B

![](

AlexanderN844702
Canada

Post by AlexanderN844702 »

I did not type about the friends quest, and then I logged on later and I got teamed up with somebody else to do 9 lessons.
Also, the legendary does not give you 80, it still gives you 40.
but what does happen is when you have an xp boost duolingo will update the xp amounts.
I love that my first daily quests were get 1 xp, do 3 of this, and do 4 of that.
Meanwhile, I see people with way higher challenges. Maybe it's just luck of the draw?

• AlexanderN844702 (currently hosting the 2023 Duolympics)
Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

There's several threads about seeing daily XP here. Some people see it in the calendar but I don't and many others don't. I sign on to Duolingo on the web for that info or check my acct on Duome, the "raw" button.

You'll also see when you start completing lessons on the snake there are four levels L0 L1 L2 L3 for skills. In the past it was L0-L5. But they still cover the same material because those practice lessons in the snake also introduce new sentences. You'll do see new sentences in the general hearts button if you do that.

The friends quest start Tuesday afternoon after 12. Do a lesson on the app and they try to pair you up. They pick someone who follows you and who you follow, and who has done a lesson on the app after 12 on Tuesday. Note too that stuff you do on the web doesn't count in Friends Quest.

I think your quests goals are based on your recent track record. I notice my Friends Quests are lower when I'm paired up with people who do a few lessons a day or even less.

Return to “Duolingo”