Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Archives of Duolingo's forum

Moderator: SansEspoir

Deleted User 211

Archives of Duolingo's forum

Post by Deleted User 211 »

Hi everyone,
As you probably know, Duolingo sadly removes forums from the website and doesn't seem to reconsider this decision despite the complaints of the community. In order to save good and useful posts from the Norwegian Forum, someone on Reddit named Significant-Bee-1375 made this post.

Here is what it says :
"So as you might or might not have known, Duolingo is closing down the discussion forum by March 22. This means all discussions and posts in our forums will no longer be accessible, except sentence discussions. Original post can be found here.
I made this document so that hopefully all the archives can be in the same place and not scattered around the internet. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
You can archive a thread in just a few minutes using tools like archive.md. After that, copy and paste title of the thread into the document (to make it easy for others to search - by pressing Ctrl + F - for a specific topic) and insert the link of the archived web page in as a hyperlink.
Here's the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C3Y ... sp=sharing
"

Feel free to add the posts from the Norwegian forum you want, whatever the subject!

Last edited by Deleted User 211 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
dakanga

Re: Archives from Duolingo's forum

Post by dakanga »

could anyone help copy the content of those posts to this resource ?

Duolingo may/could shut down all access to these links in the very near future.

If you can help keep valid information for learning this language available, as per what I see the intent and spirit of the posters and forum they posted on was, I consider it a great gift you can give to our shared future.

For the sake of learning.

For the sake of us as a community.

julie494670
Canada

Re: Archives of Duolingo's forum

Post by julie494670 »

Hi,
just as a note, in the interest of sharing resources, someone else (whom I do not know) is doing something similar and the content of most of those posts seems to already have been added (copied) there :
https://duolinguists.wordpress.com/i-sp ... norwegian/

Of course, there is no way of knowing if that will always be accessible.

Native: (french) Fluent:(english) J'apprends/Learning:(norsk) ForFun:(arabic, scottish gaelic, hungarian, russian, others)

julie
Canada

Re: Archives of Duolingo's forum

Post by julie »

Hi,
For the posts that are already archived, or in progress of being archived could we have a subsection / sub forum for them? So they are separated from the other posts that will come over time, and grouped in an easy to understand section.
Something like Archives-DL (or use the proper norwegian word for archive/archives)

I felt a bit lost in these forums overall (not just norwegian, since it is empty, but others), and kind of overwhelmed, and I noticed under Swedish, there has been some kind of neat organization. And I totally stole the sub forum idea from there.

as this one grows we can add categories/sub forums that make sense

Return to “Norwegian (Bokmål)”